EQUESTRIAN SHOW SCHEDULE
Children: $5 per child for the first two children with all under 5 year olds free.
Free Gate Entry: if you are a Member of the North Kaipara Agricultural Association Inc. and/or are the holder of a District Show Pass.
ENTRIES - Entries will close on Sunday 29th January 2017Late entries will be accepted on Show day until 8.45am, ringside.
Send your entries to the Equestrian Organiser:
Mail: 137 Monk Rd, Mangapai, RD 8, Whangarei 0178
Phone 09 4322868, 027 3082079
Do not send your entries to anyone else
- Entry Fees $9.00 per class (RAS levy included). NKAA members only $7.50 per class.
- Pleasure Ring entries on the day at the Pleasure Ring.
Pleasure Ring entry fee is Block Entry $25.00 per horse.
- PRIZE MONEY
5 or more entries - full payout and a 4th ribbon.
3 entries pay 2nd and 3rd prize money and a 3rd ribbon.
2 entries or less - ½ prize money.
Pleasure Ring only awards ribbons.
- Three Show Equestrian Points Prize
2017 Warkworth Show.
2017 Paparoa A&P Show.
2017 Arapahoe Show.
Points can be accumulated for any equine regardless of section competing in, at all or any of these 3 shows. No extra entry fee. Organiser will collect points from show secretaries and the exhibitor with most points will be awarded $100.00.
Winner to be announced in the week following the Northern Wairoa (Arapahoe) Show.
- Jeannette Caldwell Regal Hill Pony Stud
Supreme Miniature Garland
In-Hand Pony classes
Northgate Lodge Supreme Ridden Exhibit, Garland
- Welsh Pony & Cob Society Inc
Best Welsh Exhibit Rosette
Set of 4 Rosettes
ADDITIONAL SPONSORSNKAA expects that from the time of producing this Schedule until Showday that additional sponsors will present themselves. All sponsors will be acknowledged publicly in various ways during and after the Show. If you, or anyone else that you know would like to sponsor equestrian events please contact Equestrian Organiser Jeannette Caldwell.
MEMBERSHIPFor an annual subscription of $15.00 a competitor can become a full financial member of The North Kaipara Agricultural Association Inc. (NKAA) This membership provides free entry to the Paparoa A&P Show (saves $10) as well as 11 other A&P Shows in Northland and Auckland.
Entrants also receive a $1.50 discount on entry fees for Equestrian events at the Paparoa Show.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATIONAll riders and competitors compete at own risk, hard hats to be worn at all times when mounted.
All competitors must comply with the terms of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and regulations as well as the Equestrian Rules for RAS Affiliated Shows (go to www.ras.org.nz). The North Kaipara Agricultural Association Inc. will not accept responsibility in any claim from any person resulting from non-compliance with the Health and Safety at Work 2015 Act or the RAS Rules.
All riders and competitors must follow the instructions of Stewards and Officials. Competitors are responsible for ensuring animals are kept under control at all times. The North Kaipara Agricultural Association Inc. reserves the right to order immediate removal from the Showground of any animal it considers dangerous, unruly or unmanageable.
SMOKE FREE SHOWSmoking is not permitted anywhere on the Showgrounds.
NO DOGS ALLOWEDUnauthorised dogs are not allowed anywhere on the Showgrounds.
They will be required to be removed immediately from the grounds and any competitor with an unauthorised dog will be disqualified.
Dogs allowed by legislation e.g. guide dogs or police dogs and competition dogs are permitted on the Showgrounds.
PARKING (for competitors only)Please park your trucks, floats, trailers in the designated areas.
THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
Friday admission is free
- The Committee reserves the right to amalgamate classes if insufficient entries.
Equestrian classes (except Pleasure Ring) Number holders to be worn.
Your allocated Exhibit numbers will be available on Showday, if not previously notified (Please bring your own numbers 1-10).
- If horse accommodation is required Friday and/or Saturday night please contact Jeannette Caldwell. Reserved for out of area competitors only. Pens $10.00 per horse. Limited number of pens available. Camping and horse pens available Friday night but gate admission fee is payable for Saturday. Saturday night horse accommodation available.
- Trophies remain with the Show.
- Height certificates and Performance card must be carried in ring or available immediately on request, before any prizes will be awarded.
- Equestrian Competitors and Junior Riders please see new rules passed at RAS AGM. 2015 about age change. Rule Books available on request from RAS Head Office Canterbury or on the website www.ras.org.nz.
- All showing classes qualifying for HOY are run under RAS Rules.
- Entries on day for Pleasure Horse Ring at their ringside. Late entries will be accepted with Chief Horse Steward, ringside Ring 1, for other classes, late new entry 50% penalty fee, before start of competition. If already entered competitor wants to enter extra classes fee is 25% per class late fee.
- Registered Classes must have photo copy of Registration Papers with entries.
- Scratchings less 20% upon receipt of Doctor or veterinarian certificate.
CAMPING AVAILABILITYCamping available free for Friday night but gate admission fee is payable for Saturday.
Many thanks to our Judges, Stewards and Sponsors.